poeticdiversity welcomes all styles of poetry, fiction creative non-fiction, book/film reviews, author interviews,and essays on literary topics.
Submissions can be sent via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or through our online form. Submissions sent by email must be in the body of the email, rich text format preferred, no attachments.
Send three poems, a brief bio (150 words max). If you submit poems using the online form, submit each piece separately. Poems must not exceed 75 lines.
Send two pieces, and a brief bio (150 words max). Fiction and creative nonfiction pieces are not to exceed 2,000 words (if longer, please send an email query). If you submit work via the online form, submit each piece separately.
BOOK/FILM REVIEWS/AUTHOR INTERVIEWS/LITERARY ESSAYS
Book reviews must contain publication info (link to publisher/distributor). Film reviews must contain a lMBD/Wikipedia link. Author interviews must be accompanied by a brief bio (of the subject interviewed) for consideration of publication. Literary essays must not exceed 2,500 words.
Artwork must be sent in jpeg form, and include a brief bio (150 words max) to either email@example.com, or to the webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the tag-line "photo of ------," so we can keep track. If you have merchandise to sell, please include links and contact information.
NOTES (v. important):
- 1) Submissions that do not adhere to the above-listed parameters will not be considered.
- 2) Copyright revert back to the author upon publication. However, we reserve the right to retain that version of work published in poeticdiversity's archives. Conversely, we reserve the right to remove that work(s) at any time.
- 3) Previously published submissions will be considered as long as the name and date of the previous publication are included with the work. Previously published work is limited to ONE poem with two unpublished poems. We do not accept simultaneous submissions.
- 4) Deadline for all submissions is 30 calendar days prior to the next publication date. Example: the next issue is due November 1, 2013, the last date to submit is Sept. 30, 2013. Any work submitted between periods will be held over in consideration for the next issue.
- 5) Upon acceptance for publication, poeticdiversity reserves the right to employ minor corrections/changes (as needed) to author(s) work. We edit for style, not for content.
- 6) We cannot afford to pay anyone for their work, but sometime in the future, hope to do so.
- 7) Submissions/Inquiries may be emailed to email@example.com.